Saturday, April 28, 2012

Time’s 100, Rolling Stone’s 25, and Hockey


Time’s 100, Rolling Stone’s 25, and Hockey
April 28, 2012
Dear Hank;
It’s been a troubling time. There’s a lot going on and frankly it’s pretty confusing. First off, as you know, we didn’t make the Time 100 most influential people of the year. This is shocking. I can understand leaving you off the list - but me? 
Then there’s Rolling Stones 25 best rock and roll acts right now. I knew about half the acts - that’s pretty good. I got to the end of the mag and wondered where the other 75 acts were, then I realized that was Time’s list not RS’s (the hip folks say, “R S” not Rolling Stone.) Note to self: don’t look at two lists too close together - my god I might think Wang Yang is a break out grunge punk group and not a communist leader from China who might be reasonable.
Okay, so that wraps up the lists. Now we got to worry about the NFL draft and when I wasn’t looking the Capitals won the Stanley Cup in one of the most exciting series of all time. Speaking of which I think it’s wrong for hockey teams to be based in cities in the desert or really hot places. Miami and Phoenix have hockey teams? Please, that’s just wrong.
Gotta go there’s a man with a fish at the door.
Bryce

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home