Friday, June 30, 2006

Tomatoes and Flamethrowers

Dear Hank
Re: Tomatoes and Flame Throwers
June 30, 2006

I hate to start drinking this early in the morning but I just might have to.
My neighbor might drive me to it.
I was out on a walk yesterday and there was his freshly planted garden with pretty little marigolds along the edge and big fat stemmed tomato plants along the back edge. Those tomato plants were held in place with 1x2” stakes six or eight feet high.
Now that’s really unnecessary.
I mean come on. They may get that tall but do you think it’s appropriate to flaunt it in your front yard like that?
I might just have to get out the old flame thrower and pump it up. Might just take a stroll. I wonder what my neighbor will think when he see those burned chards of tomatoes and marigolds blown back into the bushes with a few of those big fat stems clinging perilously to their twist ties? I bet that will make him think twice about flaunting his garden in the front yard.

I gotta go.
Later,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home