Saturday, April 17, 2010

Dear Hank,

I thought I was having weird dreams and strange visions, I say, I thought because I’ve found out that they are true - the visions and dreams. It’s always the same but slightly different. There’s this man. He’s staring at me. It’s a picture, a photograph of a man staring at me. It’s not really me he’s staring at but the camera that’s taking the picture. However, when you see the picture I think, if ever so briefly, that this man is staring at me.

As I said the pictures vary but are always the same. The man is looking into the camera. His mouth is usually partially open as if he doesn’t really know where he is or what he is doing or, maybe, he’s manipulating the camera taking the picture and it takes the photograph before he’s quite ready to pose, I’m not sure.

The man has, as they say nowadays “facial hair,” I’d call it a mustache with muttonchops, a mustache descending from either side of his mouth and flaring inward toward the cleft of the jaw at the chin line. The fellow has a narrow face and oftentimes he is wearing a hat, an old style straw fedora hat. Something that looks like it came out of the 1940’s when the Danbury Hat Company was going full steam and Cuba was a romantic island getaway. In fact the guy looks like he could have come out of Cuba. The hat, although old in style, looks new. The man is frequently wearing one of the button down the middle shirts with a print on it like you might expect to see in Cuba or one of the Caribbean Islands before Hawaiian shirts became all the rage. You might expect to see this type of shirt on a man in a steel band or playing the vibes at the back of an island jazz band.

It’s kind of haunting to have these images in your mind, as if this man is following you around, trying to communicate something. A ghost from the past? An attempt at telepathic communication that doesn’t quite do it? Why? Why him? Why me? There are so many unanswered questions. Is he following others, or am I the only one? Questions, but no answers.


Yer pal,


Bryce



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home